Sunday, February 26, 2012

weekend in review

We had what I would call a relaxing uneventful weekend 
other people would probably call it boring. 
You probably want to stop reading now. 

Friday Night

  • Cleaned the bathtub
  • I cleaned out my closet. My clothes are NEVER all put away. There are always piles of dirty clothes hanging around along with piles of clean clothes that just haven't made it back where they belong. Friday at work I decided I was sick of myself. If I can't keep it all contained then I have too much. When I got home I was like a tornado going through my clothes and shoes. I ended up with yet another pile in the middle of the room. The only difference with this pile is that it will end up in a bag and be leaving the house for good! 
  • Cleaned the kitchen minus the floors. I hate floors.  
Saturday 
  • We discovered that Dr. L (eye doctor) reminds us of Cam from Modern Family. We are so happy he takes care of our eyes and keeps us laughing. Such a nice man. 
  • A few months ago I got an email from Apple saying my original I pod Nano needed to be replaced. I had to fill out a form online and they sent me a package to send in my Nano. They sent me back a new one. It is super tiny and has lots of new features like a touch screen and a fitness app that will record your workouts. Pretty cool. The best part is that I won the original Nano from Marriott about 7 years ago and now Apple gave me a free upgrade. Thank you Mr. Marriott and Apple, you both know how to make a girl happy. 
  • Craig went to the driving range and I hit the thrift stores. The goal was to find a mirror to hang over our fireplace. It was a fail. I ended up at Hobby Lobby and Home Depot. I made a sunburst mirror instead. 
  • We continued our Gilmore Girls marathon. I gave Craig about three weeks off after watching it for a week straight following my surgery in mid January.
Sunday
  • We went to our third week of class at church. It is an eight week overview of the Bible. We sat at a table with a couple that is in their forties. They were super sweet and made us feel very welcome. Since we are still not really connect to anyone at the church it was a nice change. Then just a few minutes before the class started the pastor that was teaching this morning walked over and introduced himself to us. There are several hundred people in the class so it was awesome that he found us. He asked how long we had been around and told us about a class on Sunday mornings for couples in our age group. Yes, finally we have hope of getting connected.. 
  • Started our laundry for the week and was reminded a full load of towels takes forever to dry. 
  • I took a nap on the couch while Craig watched golf.
  • I went grocery shopping for our second week of fasting from eating out.
  • Craig cooked dinner. 
  • I blogged about nothing. 
It was a pretty good weekend!