At church this morning Craig and I decided to participate in the Fast for Good that our church has organized. Basically we won't eat fast food for 40 days. We will take the money we would have spent and it will go to help a few different organizations.
Sadly our family consumes far too much fast food. I know this makes some people sick because fast food is a) disgusting, b) bad for you, c)a waste of money, d) all of the above, but it is how we tend to roll.
So this afternoon I made a list and headed out to the grocery store. My bill ended up $20.00 - $40.00 more than normal but I know that a) we will save money in the end, b) the money saved will go to a people in need, c) we will be healthier for it.
So here's to a period of focusing on justice towards: God, self, and neighbor.
God may this be a reality in our family 365 days a year, not just the next 40.