The day after Christmas I started to get sick. By December 27th I had the worst cold of my life: Constant runny nose, sneezing, and a horrible cough.
I continued to blow my nose and cough right up to the morning of January 19th. After 4 different doctors listened to me breathe and a chest x-ray I was cleared for surgery. It took place around 9:30 am on the 19th. I woke up from anesthesia and didn't cough or blow my nose for two days. It was a miracle because I was in pain and it would have HURT to do either of the above.
Surgery was a great success. My doctor/surgeon was amazing. Craig and my mom took great care of me. I was back to work 5 days later. It took about another week to get back to my normal energy level.
Needless to say,
I never remember being quite so happy to see February!
PS. Due to the said cold and surgery my Christmas decorations are still up. We think we are going to keep the tree up until next Christmas and decorate it according to season/holiday. The lights just make me so happy. They made recovery a little more joyful!