Monday, February 27, 2012

Eight Years

Today is my EIGHT YEAR ANNIVERSARY with 
White Lodging

Eight years ago I started as a front desk agent/guest service representative at the Renaissance Suites at Flatiron (they now go by some fancy name that includes Boulder in the title that I can never remember). Eventually I moved to AYS, became a shift lead and then Front Desk Manager.

Next I headed to the Boulder Marriott where I got in way over my head as Human Resources Manager. I worked lots of hours and asked lots of questions trying to figure out what in the world I was doing. Shortly after Craig and I got married I saw a comp plan that revealed my position was no longer slotted at our hotel. I cried for an entire hour while I drove to a work meeting in South Denver. When I finally got home that night I went in and told my new husband that I thought I would be loosing my job. The economy continued to take a turn for the worse and I had to help cover the front desk a few days a week as well as fill in for the sales coordinator position that we didn't fill when it vacated. After about a year of living in fear that my job would be eliminated at any moment and having the thought of helping fill the newly vacated front desk manager position hanging over my head I decided to step down. I returned to an hourly role as Sales and Event Coordinator. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life! I love my job even though some days I might yell out that I am going to quit if one more person does, says, asks X,Y, or Z. I might have said it today. At the end of the day I leave thankful that I have a job and that I enjoy the vast majority of what I do and the people I work with.

Eight years ago I had no idea what was in store for me. I am so thankful for all that God has taught me over these years. He has provided so much and I am beyond grateful.

As an "anniversary present" the company is paying for the vast majority of my $25,000.00 + hospital bill via our insurance plan. How can I even begin to complain when I feel so taken care of!