Of all the mother's in the world
mine has to be the very best.
I can't begin to imagine what the last
five plus weeks has been like for her.
She lost her granddaughter and simultaneously had to
watch her daughter in the middle of her darkest night.
We just said goodbye.
I've been crying on and off all day.
It's not because I'm afraid of being alone with the boys.
It's because I'm so grateful for all she's done for us.
When she left today it was supposed to be with two crazy little boys running in the yard and a 5 week old in my arms.
Instead it was two little boys who have had to process the death of a family member at way too young of an age and a mother with empty arms.
It's just not fair,
but even now my mother's words echo in my mind.
Life's not fair.
When we were trying to figure out a mother's day gift
I cried to Craig that there was nothing that was good enough -
nothing to say how thankful we are for what she has done.
He replied
I think the best gift you can give her is for you to be the same kind of mom she has been to you to our boys.
Then I cried some more.
"Her children rise up and call her blessed."
Proverbs 31:28