Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Let it flow

After last week’s blog post I feel like I need to check back in and say a few things. 

1) Not one person has intentionally hurt me since we lost Naomi.

2) If something you have said or done did hurt me, I don’t hold that against you. You didn’t mean to cause hurt by a) living your life b) trying to offer comfort. 

3) At times grief is all consuming. At times grief ebbs and flows, but even at its best the tide is unpredictable. 

4) Getting out your feelings isn’t an immediate fix, but it is so very helpful and healing. I write for myself. I write to God. I write to help others. I write because it gives voice to things I can’t bring myself to say otherwise. I write so that at some point in the future I can look back and see just how far we have been delivered from the pit of despair. 

Thanks for the love, prayers, tears, hugs, flowers, and all the other things I’m leaving out. I’m thankful to report that the anger has lessened and I’m feeling much more stable this week. Anger is a brutal emotion. I am thankful to hopefully be moving along.