Saturday, April 14, 2018

In a Heartbeat

365 days ago we heard Naomi’s heartbeat for the last time. 
It was steady and strong. 

Today should have been Naomi’s first birthday party.
We should have had a cake smash. 
A cute outfit. 
Lots of pictures. 

Instead I found myself in Walmart. 
I wasn’t looking at party decor though;
I was picking up a memorial cross. 
I didn’t like the flowers and ribbon they provided
so I headed to the floral section. 

As I stood there staring at the fake flowers 
a man come around the corner.
My basket was in the way so I told him he could move it. 
A few seconds later he introduced himself, 
told me how beautiful I was, 
and asked if we could exchanged numbers. 

Who does this? 
Why was he on the flower aisle? 
Where were his friends hiding? 

My response: I have a family at home. 😂

I have so many questions, 
but at the end of the night all I know is I got hit on
at Walmart 
while I was looking at fake flowers
for my daughter’s grave
for her first “birthday.” 

Can you get much more Walmart than that? 

(Please note: While I joke about Walmart 
I was shopping there so don’t get offended.)