For the past month we have been trying something new in our house. Every morning and every night we drink a green smoothie. We make one batch at night that gives us a full blender. It ends up being enough for the night and the next morning. I just fill up a glass in the morning on my way out the door and I'm set.
We have been using spinach, kale, and carrots for the veggies. You can use a much wider a variety of fruit. Our favorites are fresh bananas and oranges along with frozen strawberries and mixed berries. All of these (minus the kale) can be bought in bulk at Costco. This helps keep the cost down and the shopping easy!
The fruit is sweet enough that it doesn't taste like vegetable juice. We try to change it up a little bit every night so we don't get sick of the goodness. We don't have a fancy blender. I'm sure if we did they would be a little smoother. For now I like having an extra $400.00 in my pocket.
Image taken from here...
one of the fancy blender sites that I don't want to drop my cash on.
