The night we found out Naomi had died we made a decision.
Craig said we were going to the beach.
I declared, "We're going to Disney World!"
And so we are doing both.
It seemed trivial to be planning a trip just after the loss of our daughter.
But the computer didn't care if I cried,
or if I didn't have anything to say.
It was an escape.
It was something to look forward to.
It was a way to grasp for joy.
Thanks to the points from our Southwest credit card we have a free flight.
Thanks to a kind friend we have a free place to stay for our time at the beach.
Thanks to a summer preschool Disney special we have a decent deal for 2 days of fun.
Thanks to a kind friend we have a free place to stay for our time at the beach.
Thanks to a summer preschool Disney special we have a decent deal for 2 days of fun.
In just a couple of weeks we will be waking the boys up early in the morning and telling them we're heading to the airport.
I really hope it blows their little minds.
I get emotional just thinking about how great this will be.
When I see the castle in person I'm going to be the crazy lady that cries.
It's not that I'm some intense Disney fan, but all this trip represents.
Great loss. Great grief. Great escape. Great healing. Great joy.
Let's do this!
