Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Two months

I seriously cannot believe it's been two months.

When I think back on
the immediate shock,
the intense pain,
the uncontrollable tears
it seems like a lifetime ago.

It's different now.
More of an ache or a longing.
They will never go away.
I will have to learn to live with them.

We went to Houston for a few days.
We got to celebrate our niece/cousin's birthday,
visit my grandmother/the boys great-grandmother,
and I met with a new friend who lost her baby girl -
just two days before we lost Naomi.

It was good to getaway from our normal.
The boys had an amazing time with their cousins.
It was relaxing and refreshing for me.
And then we came home.

At the airport we had a minor issue with luggage.
I cried.
I walked into the nursery last night.
I cried.

Even when I think I'm doing well
(whatever that means),
the emotions are always right at the surface
just waiting for any opportunity to bubble over.

It's been two months.
It feels like one minute.
It feels like a hundred years.