We've made it to the library and signed up for the summer reading program.
We've gone to a park at least once each week since school got out.
We've gone on walks, rode bikes, and played in the sprinklers.
I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
I have two little boys that need me to keep going on with life.
I have two little boys that need me to keep going on with life.
I have a calendar on my phone.
I have a calendar on the refrigerator.
I write stuff like "milk delivery" and "trash day"
because I don't trust myself to remember.
Last night I almost didn't get on the computer in time to cancel our milk for the week.
At 10:25 pm it occurred to me that Brady might need shin guards for soccer camp.
Then after my Facebook plea to figure out if shin guards were needed this morning,
I remembered I still had to print my new patient paperwork for physical therapy.
We are out of printer paper and I haven't remembered to replace it.
I found some white card stock and used that.
Then I had to climb over unused baby gear that is being kept out of sight,
that is until I have to print something.
Walking back upstairs I began to cry.
Sometimes it all just becomes too much.
I failed my kid. (He did just fine without shin guards.)
The exersaucer might as well of beat me up.
Then I had to fill out my paperwork for pelvic physical therapy.
Yes, that is a thing.
Yes, it's just as much "fun" as it sounds.
I got through the night and we all ended up where we needed to be this morning.
Driving home from pt I cried some more.
I miss Naomi.
I'd still be at pt even if she were alive,
but at least she'd be in her infant carrier with me.
Now I'm gearing up for an afternoon of crazy.
Brady is going to a friend's house.
I am taking Sammy to his 6 month clubfoot check up.
I'll try to look like a "normal" mother.
"You are good,
and what you do is good..."
Psalm 119:68
It's been 8 weeks.
It feels like one minutes.
It feels like a hundred years.