Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Beauty in play

The boys were playing "airplane"
as I sat on the front steps.
I looked up and saw our tree and
tears filled my eyes and ran down my face.

About three weeks ago we thought our tree was dead.
In fact, a man even came to our door
asking if we wanted to cut it down.
Thankfully, I sent him away.

Two weeks later I was sitting in the same spot
watching the boys run around the yard.
I looked up and saw some leaves.


I know this is what trees do. 
But we thought we had lost it.
Craig was already researching buying a mature tree.

The previous owners of our house did not prune the trees.
Thus they were in pretty rough shape.
Last fall we saved up and had them professionally trimmed.
This tree lost a really large limb in the process.

Sitting on the front steps today the Lord spoke to me.

I'm that tree.
I've lost a limb and it hurts
A big piece of me is missing.

But.

I'm still alive.
New things will come.
The limb will never be replaced,
but there is still beauty to be had.


"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." 
Colossians 2:6-7