Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Week ??

I've been a slacker.
6.5 months of 2-4 feeding per night has caught up with me.
I'm exhausted. I've been making stupid mistakes at work.
On my days off the last thing on my mind has been blogging. 

So what's been going on with little Brady man?

- Brady went to the mountains for the first time. We were with Gdaddy and Mamajosey and we stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club. It was AMAZING and we can't wait to go back. We rode the gondola and went on a tiny little hike, ate lunch, and took some pictures.

- Solids are served for dinner every night. If give the choice of finger food and puree he will pick the finger food every time. I have a stash of purees that I made so he's getting a little of each most days. He's had broccoli, green beans, green peas, carrot, sweet potato, banana, strawberry, lemon (from Gdaddy), lime (from Pa), orange (from Mr. Marc), oatmeal, and rice cereal. I'm sure there has been more I just can't think of anything else right now. We are about to add in breakfast and lunch will be last.

- Mom and Dad had to pull Brady out of bed to drop his crib mattress one night. After crying for a while at bedtime Brady got quiet. I went to check the monitor to see how he was laying and he was sitting up in the corner of the crib staring at the camera. After busting in the bathroom to show Craig, I went and grabbed little man. His head was over the top of the crib. A little scary. We dropped the mattress and back in he went.

- We have transitioned out of the infant car seat into a convertible car seat. He got a big fancy one for mom's car and a safe, cheap one for dad's car. We spend some of our driving time in my car but we need two seats since Craig drops off for day care. Thankfully, a friend gave a great recommendation for a car seat from Target that is only $56.00. Oh yeah!

- Brady's two bottom teeth have both broken through. They still have some growing to do but they are fully visible and very sharp! He's gotten me a few times while eating. I may or may not have threatened to cut him off and made him cry because I jumped and yelled so loud. Sorry buddy, but you hurt me!

 - Drum roll please.............Brady is crawling!!!
He worked at it for about a month. He'd get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. On Sunday he finally took off. His favorite thing to try to do so far is go after the DVR box. We are going to have to find a new piece of furniture for the TV. It'd be nice if it has more storage than we have with our current setup. It also needs to get the DVR off floor level.

After making a very silly mistake at work last week I finally decided I was ready for sleep training. At his 6 month check up Dr. H assured me that B can sleep through the night (meaning at least 6 hours at a time). So after feeding him as needed since birth, I am cutting back to one feed per night. Once it hits 1:30 am I'll feed him if/when he wakes up. The first 4 nights he didn't wake up until 4:30 am. A-MA-ZING! It's taking some adjusting for my body but I'll take the pain for more sleep! I turn off the monitor at night so we only hear him if he really gets upset. If he's just a little fussy we sleep through it and he goes back to sleep. It's been a much smoother transition than I ever could have imagined.

Brady, you are the perfect addition to our family. You are getting more and more fun to play with every day. It is so inspiring to watch you learn and explore the world around you. Keep on being awesome.