Brady cut his third tooth. Somehow I totally missed the fact it was happening. Feeling like a terrible mama. I hardly saw him this week because of some required training for work. Since I was gone so much I let him eat as much as he wanted during the night. Makes me feel a little better about the whole tooth thing.
On his 7 month birthday Brady officially pulled up for the first time. He was with his Nana while we were at work. He pulled up twice for her and then later did it for me. So far he's pulled up on furniture, his crib and people. I keep telling him we are fine with being average. There is no need to be an over achiever.
Every morning around 6:30 am a bible verse pops up on my phone. Sadly many mornings in my rush to get ready for the day and out the door I will ignore it or clear the screen without reading what it says. This morning I took just a minute to read it and was so convicted.
1 Peter 2:2-3
“Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good."
I feel like at this point in life I know a thing or two about newborn infants and milk. When Brady wakes up hungry there is not a thing in this world that will satisfy him other than his mama's milk. Sometimes he'll wake up two or three times just to get some more. He's eager to gulp it up and I am willing to give whatever he needs.
I was struck by two things.
1) I want to be like Brady. I want to be eager for pure spiritual milk. I want to gulp it up just like he does.
2) God is ever ready to offer whatever we need. I love Brady and love feeding him. There are times in the middle of the night that I drag myself into his room muttering things about him being grounded in the future for waking me up again. That's not what God does. No matter when or how often we come to him he is there and ready to offer himself to us.
Brady boy my prayer for you is that you will grow from an infant that loves his mama's milk into a man that loves God and longs for pure spiritual milk. It's way better than anything I have to offer you!