Today was the dreaded day
I went back to work
The glorious thing know as FMLA
(aka maternity leave) is no more
Craig had to leave Monday on a business trip
Brady and I got to spend our first night alone
I got to drop him off at daycare for the first time
Then I got to drive to work in the snow
When it was all said and done we survived
and we did it rather well
Brady woke up to eat at 6:15 am
He normally goes back to sleep until about 8:00 am
Not today
It seems he wanted to hang out in the bathroom while mommy got ready
Thankfully he didn't cry and
my shower had full water pressure for the first time in weeks
(Thank you Jesus! I really feel like it was a gift to get me through the morning)
We got out the door on time and with all the necessary bags
I was the bag lady of all bag ladies this morning
The only thing I forgot was my coat
Who needs a coat when it's in the 20's anyway?
By 8:08 am I had dropped Brady off and was on my way to work
I didn't cry when I left him, or when I drove away
I called Craig and got a little teary at the very end of the convo
After that it was all good
I got to work and other than the fact there are all these new people that I don't know it felt like I never left
As much as I dreaded this day
As much as I have wanted to be a stay at home mom my whole life
I think this is going to be alright
We are all going to be ok
I am thankful for a safe, loving place for Brady to go three days a week.
I am thankful for medical insurance.
I am thankful for a flexible boss.
I am thankful for a husband that does his fair share.
I am thankful for a job that I enjoy.
Now that the dust has settled and the stress has passed . . .
I am thankful.
Best pic I could get of Brady and I before we left for the day.
Blurry proof that we were both dressed and ready to go.
Best pic I could get of Brady and I before we left for the day.
Blurry proof that we were both dressed and ready to go.
Brady and Ms. Jessica