Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One Month!



Baby boy you are one month old today!

We can't believe how quickly the time is passing. You are growing and changing every day. When you were born you had crazy neck strength and it continues to increase daily. You are gaining weight like a champ...over 10 pounds. You are wearing a size 1 diaper full time now. We accidentally put a newborn diaper on you last night and it looked like a speedo it was so small. The rolls on your arms and legs are getting bigger. You are my little chunky monkey! 

We had a couple of very rough days last week but that seems to have passed. I don't think you have colic just some days/nights are more difficult than others. Now that you are a month old we are going to let you have a pacifier if you want one. For now you can only have the kind that is shaped like a nipple. You are also going to get to try and take a bottle from your daddy later this week. We have to get to you to take bottles since mommy will be going back to work 3 days a week. Mommy hopes to nurse you for a year so we need to get you to take the bottle but still like breastfeeding most of the time. 

You are getting more alert when you are awake. You focus on things and will lock eyes with us. You like looking in the mirror even though you have no idea you are looking at yourself. We still think you are the cutest little guy around. Yes, even your daddy says you are cute! 

Last week was the first week that it was just Brady and mama at home during the day. You did great but mama didn't do so well. We slept a lot during the day and you ate a lot too. Mama didn't do so well getting things done around the house or taking care of herself. Your Nana came and held you twice during the week while mama ran errands. It was helpful, but by Thursday afternoon I had a melt down and called Mamajosey and told her to come back and help us for a week. I know it will get better as you start to sleep more at night and I start to feel better. 

Your mama is still pretty sore from pushing out your big little body. I thought my stitches might be infected so I called and talked to a nurse today. She told me the things to watch for infection and what they want me to do as my body continues to heal. I had no idea I would still be hurting one month after giving birth. I told your daddy and Mamajosey that I would go through unmedicated labor again just to get rid of this pain I have now. I need to feel better so I can take better care of both of us because you deserve the very best! 

My body is far from pre-pregnancy shape but I am within three pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. I think it has to do with the fact that most of the weight I gained was in my belly, breastfeeding, and not taking good care of myself last week. I am excited to fully heal so that I can get working on my stomach muscles. My tummy still has a bit of a pooch and feels like mush. 

So that's what is going on with us and your one month old self. 

We love you so much Brady.