Wednesday, November 21, 2012

crash update and some thankfulness

While driving home from work this afternoon I realized I couldn't remember Crash moving once today. Initially I was very freaked out. I calmed down a bit until a few hours later when I still hadn't felt much. I tried to lay down, eat, relax, and take a bath. I would feel a little movement here and there but nothing like normal. Of course it's the holiday and the doctor will be closed. So what do you do, go to the hospital? 

At this point Craig became a bit nervous as well and we decided to google "how to make the baby kick." I didn't want to ask anything about why baby isn't kicking. No need to get any more freaked out than we already were. In the end we tired a flash light on the belly and some ice aka frozen corn. One of those or the combo of the two worked and he started moving around some. 

Tonight we are thankful for little baby kicks. 

Overall the pregnancy is still pretty uneventful. 
We have three weeks of our birthing class left. 
I'm going to the chiropractor and it's really helping my back.
I am on the two week rotation with the OB.
We had baby showers and are working on getting the nursery together. 
I'm currently reading a book about breastfeeding.
I've gained about 20 pounds.
By mid day (at work) my the muscles in my lower back are killing me. 
It will be a miracle if I make it at work until January 9th.
I'm guessing the baby comes on Jan 19 even though our due date is Jan 11.
We do not have a name picked out for Crash. 
Most likely we won't make the final decision until we see him. 
If by some miracle we decide before then we won't be telling anyone. 

I think that's all off the baby updates for now. 

Tomorrow we we celebrate Thanksgiving with the Montgomery family. We are so thankful to get to spend time together. 

God has blessed us with two amazing families 
and for that we are beyond thankful!