Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Slow Going

It's sad that I really don't have much renovation progress to report after our long break.

Here's a bit of what's gone on the past week:

We have our new internet connection. It is much faster than before and that is exciting. I like to think I now spend less time on the internet. Somehow I don't know that it's true.

My mom and Aunt Helen came to visit for a long weekend. We got to eat lunch with one of my mom's best friends from childhood and her daughter. It's funny how you can feel connected to people that you haven't seen in so long or haven't known before. Mom bought us a small desk at Target to hold our new modem, mail and cookbooks. After much searching the winner came in at $12.48. I'm so proud and thankful for her gift. We/they had a great time and I think they should come again sometime.

I celebrated my friend Stefanie's birthday on Monday (her actual birthday was Sunday). She is a beautiful, fun lady and I like her alot. It was great to spend some time with women I love and don't see enough these days!

Today we met at the house after work and walked to the elementary school on our street to vote. It was fun to walk and vote and fun to think that might be the walk we take with our kids someday. After voting we made breakfast for dinner and now the house smells like grease. While we were cooking we got a text that our newest friend, Jackson David Manz, was born this afternoon!  We can't wait to meet him and hug mom and dad.

As far as the house renovations go: we still have shower handles hanging on for dear life, we have learned from our wise friend that we should probably have some plumbing updated before installing new tile, we have the name of a local plumber but haven't called him because...we found some problems on our electrical panel, we called the electrician and we was supposed to come this morning but called and canceled. He did give Craig some advice over the phone and now Craig thinks he can fix it himself. Hopefully we avoided a VERY LARGE bill so we can pick back up with the renovation when the electrical is good to go. We also have a call out for a chimney sweep but I haven't heard back from him yet and we got a quote on cutting our dying trees down. The quote was higher than we would like so Craig might be dressing like a lumber jack this weekend. Oh my! How's that for a renovation update? More than you ever wanted to know.

One last thing: Praise Jesus the election commercials are over!