As far as I can remember I have not gone back to Texas for Thanksgiving since I moved to Colorado. We were not planning on going this year but about a month and a half ago Craig told me we should go see my family. Thankfully we had enough Southwest Rapid Reward points to make the trip and got a super cheap rental car. It was going to be a surprise but we decided to go ahead and tell about three weeks ahead of the trip.
I was way too excited about eating Thanksgiving dinner (which in our family is lunch) in Texas. It had been 11 years! I was not disappointed at all. My mom and dad did a wonderful job preparing the meal. Caroline got in on the fun and helped with the mashed potatoes. It was delicious!!! I ate three plate fulls at lunch alone. Ridiculous? I don't think so.
My grandmothers dressing is probably my favorite food ever. This year my mom made it using Nanny's recipe. It was so wonderful.
After lunch Gdaddy heated up the hot tub so Ella and Brady could go swimming. Uncle Kyle was a trooper and supervised the big swim.
Brady would never push his cousin Molly (who just started sitting up on her own). I promise this is against the rules in our house. We might have also watched some football. Maybe that is where the pushing comes from?
Even though my alarm went off at 2:30 am on Thanksgiving so we could get up and get to the airport for our flight it was still a fabulous holiday. So thankful we were able to spend it with the Reynolds family!
Here's a view of Sammy on his first Thanksgiving that isn't a profile.
Sammy we are so thankful you joined our family this year.
You are the perfect addition.