I don't have a problem with trends, but I don't always jump on board with them either. I've noticed the past few years it has become a thing to have a word of the year. It's not something I've done before, but I'm thinking 2015 is the year.
I am in the process of transitioning into being a full-time stay at home mom! I've always wanted to be home with my babies. While work was an escape when I felt lost and overwhelmed in the early days of motherhood, I could not be more excited to be home with Brady and Sammy.
We are stepping out on faith that this is what is best for our family. Going from two to one incomes will be a big adjustment. We are trusting this is what God has for us at this time. I'm beyond thankful for Craig's job and our ridiculously expensive health insurance.
All that to say my word for 2015 is going to be
HEALTH
In no particular order here are some of the things that will play into this:
- Actually doing my PT exercises 5 times a day like I'm supposed to
- Cooking more meals at home (staying home will require I do this almost 100% of the time) and trying to cook with whole foods as much as possible (we like processed food way too much)
- Keeping the house clean
- Getting as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible
- Talking to my friends more and not just texting all the time
- Spending time in scripture daily (even if the boys only allow 5 minutes to do so)
- Expressing how I feel and not letting things bottle up
So there you go. Basically I want to work on physical, emotional, spiritual and, relational health. I think a healthy me will lead to a healthy marriage and family.
Whole health is the name of the game and I'm just getting started.
Here we go, 2015. Let's do this!