Wednesday, June 5, 2013

20 weeks

Baby boy you are getting so big. Please slow down. I can't handle this. You look less and less like a baby every day. Every time I have to pack away your clothes it breaks my mama heart because it means your are growing up. Don't get me wrong, I want you to grow up. (I'd really love for you to sleep through the night like a big boy!) Just don't do it too quickly.

This week I saw you throw something for the first time. I handed you your paci, you grabbed it with both hands and gave it a shove. I was shocked and so proud. Then when mama was at the chiropractor you threw your toy while Dr. Decker was talking to you.

Your two favorite places in the house, other than being held by mom and dad, are the changing pad and the exersaucer. You can roll over tummy to back and back to tummy. You will hold yourself up with your arms and try to move your body. You have no idea how to move your back end so you get tired and frustrated which leads to a crying baby.

You are very happy at Miss Jessica's house and her daughter Elizabeth loves you. She gave you a hug when I picked you up on Tuesday. It was more like a half body smash but she meant it for good. Thankfully thing she is petite. 

We are really having some issues at night. Last night mama was up with you five different times. Daddy thinks your arms are waking you up. It's a battle and at this point you are winning. As of today mama it's sick. I have a sore throat and am exhausted. Why don't you be a lamb and sleep for longer stretches moving forward? 

You are also in full on teething mode. You will chew on any and everything. I got you a couple of toys to help with this and you seem to enjoy them. Maybe you will get a tooth soon. Maybe it will be weeks down the road. So unpredictable.

Once again I'm too sleepy to pull out the camera and laptop so we are going to roll with what is on my phone for this week's pictures.

As always, we love you. We don't know how it is possible but you become more fun each and every day. Thank you for being such an awesome member of our little family.