Today I had my 37 week appointment with the OB. It was several days late due to the holiday and an emergency surgery yesterday that caused me to get bumped. They called me this morning to cancel again because of another surgery. I told the receptionist my next appointment is Wednesday and she said, "Sweetie, how fare along are you?" I said 38 weeks tomorrow. She promptly put me on hold for about 5 minutes only to came back and said she needed to call me back. After about 5 more minutes my work line rang and she told me to be there at 11:35 am. They squeezed me in and I'm glad they did.
At my 36 week appointment we confirmed that Crash was head down. The day after that appointment Crash did a flip. I wasn't sure but I thought he might not be head down anymore. That is why I really wanted to go in today. The doctor felt around and had a hard time finding his head. She called for an ultrasound machine just to make sure. In the end I saw his head for about 3 seconds. He is head down after all!
Next she asked if I wanted to have the cervical exam. At first I said no since I go back in on Wednesday and really haven't felt anything going on. After we talked about it a little bit I decided to go ahead and and have her check me out. She said the exam is really uncomfortable, but I didn't think it was that bad. Much to our surprise she found I am 90% effaced and 3 centimeters dilated. He could come this weekend or a month from now. We only have 3 more days to have a free baby (due to insurance), but really if he comes in the next two weeks I will be shocked. At this point I still think he will be late.
Tonight I am going to relax. Tomorrow we are going to finish getting things ready around here just in case...
All I really know is that we can't wait to meet our baby boy!