Wednesday, September 5, 2012

sew crazy

I decided it would be fun to make my own bedding for the crib. Last night I went in search of fabric and came home empty handed. Today I hit up another store after work and found 3 fabrics that I really like. I did not come home empty handed this time! 

I found a very easy tutorial via the world wide web and set out to make the skirt. I still haven't figured out how to cut fabric straight. I know there are more tools that would be helpful in this venture so I might have to invest in one or two of them. Anyway, I worked with my slightly uneven cuts and got things as straight as I could once I hemmed the three sides that will be visible. Actually, I am going to use this first panel for the back of the crib so no one will see it. 

Tonight was more or less working out the issues - like threading the sewing machine for the first time in about 8 months. It took me about an hour, several text messages and searching until I found a YouTube video to figure out what I was messing up! 

Enough of the boring explanation! Here is what I ended up with tonight. 

(As always, sorry for the blurry pic with poor lighting and an awkward angle.)