Sunday, September 2, 2012

our before baby to do list

Today we made a list of all the stuff we need to get done in the house before baby comes. I'm not talking about baby proofing. (I'll deal with that when Crash is closer to being mobile and can actually crash into things.) I am talking about all the unfinished business up in this place.

The vast majority of the list is made up of things that Craig doesn't want me doing (sanding, painting, staining, etc.) I am allowed to help with measuring but I even wimped out on some of that tonight as I sat on the couch and watched a little bit of the Baylor game while Craig was working. I felt bad but I was tired and Craig reminded me that growing a baby is hard work.

There are 24 bullet points on the list. It doesn't include anything in the office/my closet, our bedroom, or guest bath. There are also things to do in those rooms. Most of the bullet points don't represent a one step project. Some are multiple step projects that have to done multiple places in the house. We want to be done by when our family visits in November. That being said we have about two and a half months to get this done.

This is going to be 
a) fun. 
b) interesting. 
c) impossible. 
d) all of the above. 

The moral of the story is to think twice before buying a major fixer upper.