Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tough Baby Day

Back in July my mom got a referral for a home child care provider from someone at my church. I called a couple of weeks ago and of course she is full. We were told she is a wealth of information but I didn't get off the phone knowing much more than before I talked to her. She gave me the name of another home child care provider but I can't find her on the state website. She also told me one child care center she recommends and one she doesn't.

I put in an online request for the school she recommended and the packet came in the mail yesterday. Craig called me last night while I was driving home from visiting a friend. He was laughing when he told me the info packet had arrived so I knew that was not a good sign. Let's just say if we sent our child to this particular center I would end up bringing home about $200.00 each month after we paid tuition. I guess you really do have to pay the big bucks for the perfect location.

So last night and today I am sad and frustrated. I never wanted to work when I have children but it is what we have to do for now. If we didn't have to pay for stupid health insurance I could quit and we could try to live on next to nothing. After my surgery in January we have a deep appreciation for health insurance and the security is provides in case something goes wrong. We'd be paying off my surgery for years without it. At the same time the baby isn't even here and it makes me cry to think about going back to work.

I guess the great child care search will start back up again this week. I do have one more recommendation from a friend that I will be checking out. After that it's back to square one...sitting around and crying.

We go to the doctor on Wednesday. It should be a quick appointment as long as all the vitals check out well. At the end of our appointment we will find out what day they will let us come back to check out all the organs and find out the sex of the baby! It should be in the next couple of weeks since I'm 18 weeks today. I really can't believe we are almost half way there. We should probably take a picture of my belly sometime soon. It is way bigger than whenever I took the last one.

A few people have asked me about cravings. There really hasn't been anything too out of the ordinary. The first trimester I was really liking sausage biscuits and orange juice for breakfast. In the second trimester it's been a chocolate chip bagel, sliced and toasted. That is an old high school favorite of mine from the City Bagel days! First trimester I also went through a lot of Jamba Juice in the afternoon trying to fight off morning sickness while I was at work. I have also been drinking a lot more milk than normal.

At my appointment last month I had gained 2.5 pounds. We will see on Wednesday what that count is up to now. My scale is a couple pounds off of the doctor's office so I've given up with trying to keep up with the weight gain at home.

Maybe Wednesday I'll do a little follow up from the appointment and post a picture.

Happy Saturday!