We declared this weekend a get it done, clean the house, clear out the junk room soon to be nursery kind of weekend. Friday night we started the clean up process. Saturday morning we had our quarterly pest control visit. As soon as the bug man was done I started to deep clean the front living room.
There was an entire corner filled with junk that didn't belong in the living room. It all got sorted and sent to it's proper location. I started a giveaway pile and a return to it's proper owner pile. If anything fell into one of those categories it went straight to the back of my car. Every basket, table, and bookshelf got cleaned along with anything that belonged in those places.
One bookcase was emptied and moved upstairs. It might end up getting used in the nursery. For now it's going to sit in the mostly empty nursery. While I was working away downstairs Craig was working hard to clean out the junk room soon to be nursery. Some things were relocated to the office, some were put in the giveaway pile and a few others are still in the room waiting patiently for us to figure out exactly what we want to do with them.
Around 3:30 pm I decided I was sufficiently dirty and took a shower. We made a list and hit the road. Our first stop was to drop off some things at Goodwill. Then we went to King Soopers to cash in some change. We left with 63 cash dollars! The paper money sure was a lot lighter and less bulky than our disposable bag of change. With our extra cash we headed onto my in-laws house. We dropped off a couple of things that belonged to them and hung out for a bit. Around 6:30 pm we hit the road for our hour long commute to IKEA.
We found everything we needed and spent less money than expected! After the car was loaded up we had a new bed, some kitchen gadgets and two bedside lamps for our room. We got home around 9:30 pm and unloaded the car. Craig tore into the box with the bed and we got to work. It's amazing how involved putting one little bed together can be. In the end this is what we got.
This room is our office, storage for paperwork, my closet/dressing room and now our overflow guest room. We wanted a bed that would work as a couch and storage. If you can see the desk and storage bins in the back left the bed is a nice match. I found the sheet set today for almost 50% off. Over the next few weeks I hope to find an inexpensive comforter or blanket and some bright pillows to top it off.
In other exciting news my mom and dad finally got to order the crib that they have been patiently waiting to buy since before we were ever pregnant. Back when Ella was growing in Caroline's tummy Mamajosey decided that she wanted to buy the crib as a baby gift for her kids. Lucky for Mamajosey I have cheap taste. I should have faked her out and told her I wanted a $2000.00 crib since she had already told me she was buying it!
Overall we had a very successful get it done, clean the house, clear out the junk room soon to be nursery kind of weekend. The only problem was when I woke up in the middle of the night for a bathroom break I could barely walk my back hurt so bad! Needless to say I slept through church and didn't get much done today other than the sheet shopping.
The best part of the weekend was something that didn't happen. On our way to see Mike and Lindy (the in-laws) we were stuck in traffic waiting for a train to pass. Once we started to move again Craig tried to change lanes because the lane we were in was going to end. We couldn't get over so we continued on in our current lane. Less than 30 seconds later there was a three car pile up that started with the car we were trying to get in front of. We are both so thankful that we were not in that lane. We would have been rear ended and I can't even think about what could have happened to my belly and our sweet baby. We felt God's protection and gladly made the turn we didn't want to take when our lane ended!