About a year ago we put an offer on what we were hoping would be our first home. Two offers, six months, and two closings later we finally had the keys to our first home and were the legal owners. They faked us out after the first closing and told us it wasn't really ours. That was a bummer to say the least. Since then I have not put any pictures of the house up for friends and family to view. I was a) embarrassed of the shape it was in when we bought the house and b) conflicted over flaunting our new house when so many people are having such a hard time keeping their homes these days. We have been in the house over six months now and have spent almost every weekend during that time working on fixing our home up. I figure it's time to show the world just exactly what we have been doing the past 6 months! I'm only going to show the before pics in this post. I'll move through the house room by room in a personal tour in the posts to come.
Here are some of our very ugly, dirty before shots so you can have an idea of what we had to work with:
If you are anything like me you are thinking you jumped back in time to the 80's. There is lots of dark brown trim, some very nasty bathroom tile and floors, a confused kitchen with a retro fridge and a missing washer and dryer. We are still hard at work and have many things we want to do, but have come long way. It's my goal to move through the house room-by-room over the next few weeks and reveal what all we have done so far. We'll see how it goes. Until next time.