Sammy you have been such a delight. You were the greatest surprise of our lives and you continue to amaze us each and every day.
You have an older brother that adores you. His favorite thing in life is being a brother.
Your feet are in perfect shape and you just moved into the next size boots, a size 2 Mitchell boot.
You are cruising all over the place, climbing stairs like it's no big deal (it is a big deal and you need to stop right now!), crawling at lightning speed, and climbing on top of any and everything you can manage to get up on (this is particularly problematic since we just moved and there are boxes in every single room).
You say Dada, Mama, ba (ball), and some more Dada. Lots of things are Dada right now. Today you heard Brady say airplane while he was talking to me and you started to make your airplane noise. You also like to wave. You wave hello and goodbye and to strangers at random and it's all kinds of cute.
I know there is lots more I could report but we just moved this weekend and your parents are exhausted. We need sleep. Oh, you are still not a good sleeper. I give you full permission to sleep through the night. I don't need you to wake up just so I get more time breastfeeding. Really, please do us both a favor and start sleeping through the night or at least 5 to 6 hour chunks.
Speaking of eating, you can out eat your brother. Tonight at dinner I gave both of you the same amount of food and you signed for more once you ate what I had dished out.
When we were in Houston we had a little birthday party for you about a week and a half before your first birthday. It was at Nanny's house just like we did for Brady when he turned one. This morning we had carrot
The official party line is that you got new Mitchell boots and a new house for your first birthday. Dr. Miller gave you a stuffed fish while we were at Children's for your check up yesterday and your friend, Emerson, brought you some little toy cars this afternoon. Your family in Houston gave you a few things last weekend as well so it's not like you didn't get any birthday presents.
Believe me little man, you have significantly more than any little boy ever needs and on top of that I don't want to raise little boys who need all the things. You don't need all the things. One of my favorite parts of the day was getting a special recorded birthday song from our little friend, Olivia, who lives in Chicago. Sammy, you need relationships. That is what I want you to value - the people in your life.
Love God. Love your family. Love your neighbor. That's the kind of man I pray you become because the stuff of life doesn't matter. It just doesn't. Love all the people.