Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sammy's Looking Good

Last Tuesday Sammy had a clubfoot check up. I walked into it with a diaper bag full of supplies in case he had to get re-casted. He didn't.


Tony wasn't there so I didn't get to see measurements or learn any new exercises. Dr. Miller says Sammy looks wonderful. February 1st he graduates from full time boots and bar. 


All good news, right? We should be celebrating. Instead I panic that he is atypical and we missed it or he's relapsing.


Thankfully there are some amazing doctors in Iowa and St. Louis that will allow you to send photos. I emailed Dr. JM in Iowa last night.


By the time I woke up to feed Sammy at 1:30 am I had an email back:


Thank you for your request. The foot looks well corrected. He has curly toes that usually get better with time and stretches. The big toe, too.
Thanks again
JM


We are so thankful to hear for the second time that Sammy is fully corrected. Thank you, Jesus.


Look how far we have come.

(Just in case you are worried about the "roll" from the boots, we have been told it goes away as soon as he goes into night and naps only.)