Saturday, August 9, 2014

Upside down

My heart is so heavy.There is so much unrest in world right now. People are being kicked out of their homes, stranded in the desert, and even killed. There are bombs and rockets being fired. So much uncertainty, so much disregard for life.

Yet there are people who are willing to help. Some of them share ethnicity or religion and some are just helping because they value life.

Last night I laid in bed and prayed for those in Iraq, Israel, and Gaza. I prayed for everyone that is being persecuted based on their beliefs or the people group they come from. They all need our prayers, they all need someone to come along side them and say they matter because they are a life. If we value life then all of these people matter no matter who they worship. If we value life then we should be praying for "the bad guys" too.

The same God that made you and me created each of them. What they are doing is without question terrible and has to stop. While I pray that the violence will stop I will also be praying for their salvation. That the hatred will fade away and they will be able to love their neighbors. There is no reason that I can have a relationship with Jesus and they can't. Ultimately, we all deserve death, but we've all been given a chance at new life.

So for now I'll continue to pray for peace, safety, humanitarian aid, and mostly for Jesus to be made known to the ends of the earth be it through: his people, visions and dreams, or signs and wonders. He came for everyone and we all need him, the Prince of Peace.