So it turns out January had much more in-store than I could have ever imagined.
We celebrated Brady's first birthday.
We found out there was a break in our sewer line and got that fixed.
By the time we were finally able to get out to dinner to celebrate our fifth anniversary I ended up feeling sick all night long.
About a week later I started to feel nauseous and tired.
Then one Friday morning at work there was a certain odor that was overwhelming and then I wanted to eat at Einstein's. Those two things caused me to text Craig, "is there any chance I could be pregnant?"
That night I took a pregnancy test. It was negative.
Saturday was more of the same. I slept on and off all day. At meals I had very specific cravings. We decided to take another test. It's our normal rule to take them together. I was so certain there was no way it would be positive that I took it alone. Several minutes later I went back in the bathroom and read "PREGNANT".
I had to hold back my scream and tears to walk downstairs to show Craig. I held it up in front of him and started to cry.
You see, my body doesn't work the way it's supposed to work. I'm not able to get pregnant on my own. It takes medicine, doctors, nurses, and lots of money for us to make a baby.
The year and a half of trying to get pregnant with Brady was the longest and hardest road I have ever walked. Thankfully it wasn't walked alone, but it was still so hard. Even after getting pregnant and having a baby I still felt broken. My body could not do what it was made to do. Broken.
God did not have to give us this gift of a second child. He did not have to let my body do it's thing. He did not have to bring healing to my body.
For as many tears as I have shed over our excitement I have shed just as many for my sister's that have not been able to have the baby they so desperately long for. Our hearts are heavy for you and we pray that God's will be done in each of your families.
I don't have any answers as to why we have been blessed in this way. I just know we are forever thankful and will continue to pray for those who are waiting.
So that's what January had in store. Come September 18, 2014 we should be Montgomery party of 4. And yes, we will have two under two. That also makes me cry a little.