Friday, December 2, 2011

The Kitchen

Room number one is D-O-N-E! 
(Or is it complete? I don't care. Done is easier to cheer.)

Let's start with the before pics. 

Dirty Pantry, dirty dishes, husband at sink, crowded counter, random laundry


Husband still at work cooking, pots on oven and in sink, laundry again, pin the tail on the donkey from my 30th birthday party in June


After three nights of cleaning I am please to reveal the new and improved kitchen.
It's still rough around the edges but am actually proud of it now.

Since I like to be honest here are a few notes before you scroll down:
  • There is still trash and recycling that needs to be taken outside. Craig nor I want to take it out because it's cold and our driveway is still covered in snow. Since it's dark when we get home from work we always end up being the last driveway on the street that is covered in snow. Maybe someday once of us will decide to wake up early and go shovel the drive, but probably not.
  • I have not swept or mopped since there is a rather large pile of recycling in my way. I will take care of the floors tomorrow when everything gets taken out.
  • There is a crock pot soaking in the sink in the "clean" photo. It was the last thing that needed to be cleaned out of the fridge so just look the other way, please and thank you.
  • Just ignore the blue painters tape. We have big dreams of what our kitchen/living room might look like someday. The blue tape is our small attempt to see what those dreams might look like in reality.
Clean pantry, new coffee station (above the overflowing trash/recycle area), usable counter space


Clean sink, clean counters, clean pots and pans, reorganized cabinets


Clean stove, removed remains of the birthday party


I can't tell you how happy we are to have a clean kitchen. 
Now we just have to learn to keep it is way.
One step at a time.

I do have a reusable bag full of kitchen gadgets to take to the local thrift store. It will have to go in the back of my car with the clothes and scale that are still sitting there. Next to be attacked is the kitchen table and bookcase that make up the "dining area." 
Who's excited? I am!!!