Friday, December 31, 2010

for adam


I have a friend named Brooke. 
She met a boy named Adam.
They fell in Love.
In June they will be married. 

Adam does not make new year's resolutions.
He sets three goals for the year instead. 
Last night Brooke asked some of our friends for their goals for 2011. 
I could not come up with them right way. 

I have lots of goals, but some are not measurable.
Measurable = Good, Unmeasurable = Not Good
Also, not all of the goals in my head will come to be this year. 
Today I thought about what my three goals should be for '11. 

Here they are:

1) Read a book a month 
2) Journal - I will aim for more than once a month but not every day. 
I think that gives me plenty of elbow room. :) 
3) Find a way to serve in our community or neighborhood.