Last Saturday afternoon I was standing at the kitchen table and Craig walked up and said:
C: Let's do something spontaneous.
A: What? (Thinking he wanted to go to dinner somewhere, go fish, or drive to the mountains, etc.)
C: Let's paint the kitchen cabinets.
And so we did.
I would like to warn anyone who ever considers this that it is stinkin' hard! The cabinets are up and look great from afar. Once you get up close it is very evident that we still have A LOT of work to do.
For now I will sit down in the family room and look up at our pretty new cabinets.
Here's what it used to look like.
Here's what it looks like now!
Our new handles and pulls should arrive tomorrow. I'll give a final photo once we get those up.
Oh, do you like our new microwave? I love it! We got it on sale from Sears.com. They said it would be delivered to the store we picked in 7 - 14 days. It got there in 5 days and we picked it up on Saturday. If you haven't used this service you should give it a try if you need anything from Sears anytime soon. You print off the email they send saying your order is ready. Then you go to the Merchandise Pick up area and scan your email (there is a bar code on it). Your name and a timer pop up on the TV screen above the scanner and you assume someone in back is getting your order together. If they don't have it out to you in 5 minutes then you get a coupon for $5.00 off your next visit. They were just over 5 minutes on ours and gave us two coupons. It was such a pleasant experience. You really should try it.