Friday, February 12, 2010

Values Lead to Goals

I know it might sound strange to some people but our small group meets on Friday nights. Most of the time I'm exhausted by the time I get off work on Friday and find myself saying, "You need to go. It will be worth it." Tonight was one of those nights where I had to tell myself to go and as I find most every other week I leave small group thinking about how glad I am that I went. There is something beautiful about spending time with people you love. 

All of that to say that tonight we had a discussion about the process of setting goals. Our small group is taking a few months to all share a little bit about our past then to really dig into where we want to go - what are our goals as individuals and as families? It is going to be such a great way to get to know each other on a new level and to be able to support and encourage each other along the way. As one who does not naturally try and set goals I am excited to really take some time and think about what I value and why and then what I want to do with that moving forward. Get excited because we are setting goals!
We discussed tonight that part of setting goals is writing them down. Once I come up with some I might have to write them down here as a way to make them real. We'll see what Craig and I discover in the next few weeks!