Sunday, August 6, 2017

Some nights, I call it a draw

Tonight I'm hormonal, I'm tired, and I'm sad.
After a quick, fun, and exhausting (because trips w kids are nothing other than exhausting) weekend away, I'm just a bit meloncholy.

It's national sisters day or something.
I'm sad I don't have a picture of the boys with their sister.
We had to make the decision so quickly about if they should meet Naomi or not.
We decided it was better not to bring them to the hospital.
One day Brady saw some pictures of his grandparents with her and asked why he didn't get to see her.
Heart explosion in the best and worst way.

This past Thursday marked a year since we were pregnant.
It feels like a lifetime ago and I feel like a shadow of the person I was then.
It's funny though becuase as weak as I feel right at this very moment, I also know that we have experienced tremendous healing in these last 3.5 months. 
God continues to hold us up and hold us together.

And so we march on.