I've always heard of this thing called baby brain. Over the past few weeks I've experience it in little ways. Nothing major but tonight that changed.
I am trying to eat 80 - 100 grams of protein per day. I eat what I can during the day and then at night have to catch up a bit for whatever is lacking. One of the easiest ways to get protein at night is eating greek yogurt. This week I bought the large container of plain yogurt and have made a couple of smoothies.
Tonight when I hit the start button on the blender it made a terrible sound. The lid tried to fly off and smoothie shot on the wall. So I did what any normal person would do and tried again. It made the same terrible sound and the lid tried to shoot off again.
Craig came running over and told me to mix it up. I reached in with a spatula and discovered the problem. There was a spoon in the blender. The spoon is now in the trash because it would do some serious damage to whomever's mouth tries to use it in the future.
Greek yogurt was the first thing I put in the blender. I couldn't get all of the yogurt off and by the time I got the kale washed and ready to go in I forgot about the spoon. I feel pretty foolish about now but am very thankful the spoon didn't come flying out and that the smoothie that did go flying was very minimal.
I think Craig is going to have to stick to the smoothie making from now on.