Friday, July 20, 2012

Broken

Today I have been reminded of two things. 
1) We live in a broken world 
2) Life is fragile

About 25 minutes into my commute I heard there was a tragedy in Denver. Of course I was very confused and started searching radio stations to hear what happened. We do not live close to Aurora and we didn't know anyone involved. It is still unsettling and heartbreaking - the loss of 12 lives and 58 other people injured. At the same time I have three very close friends dealing with the loss of a loved one.  

It is all too much for one day. My heart hurts for my friends who are mourning a life lost. I was waiting for a text from one of them, holding out hope that life was going to be sustained. The text came and it was not good news. I cried and cried some more and a little more. My heart hurts. 

Tonight I am praying for healing and for peace than can only be found through Jesus for my friends, for the Denver area, and for everyone who may be hurting