10ish Favorite Moments (in no particular order)
- Heat - It was 90 + degrees the whole time. Oh how I love me some heat.
- Ellie Cate - I got to meet sweet little Ellie Cate. She was gracious enough to spit up on me. I feel like we have a special bond now.
- 3 Cousin's Birthday Bash - We had a birthday party for Nicole, Tina and me. We all turn 30 this year so a bunch of the family got together to celebrate. They had a picture of the three of us from when we were 4 years old. I'm not trying to brag but we were pretty cute!
- Swimming - My parents have a pool. It was the perfect temp. I swam 3 times while we were there. That is 3 more times then I have been in a pool in the past 3 or 4 years. It was refreshing.
- Golf - My parents live on a golf course. One evening I ventured out on the course with Craig and my brother, Kyle. We played 4 holes. I was pretty proud of my showing for not playing in years. Craig also got to go play a full round with my dad, Kyle, and a family friend named Scott.
- Nanny - Craig and I spent an evening with Nanny, my paternal grandmother. For those of you who have not met her you are missing out. She is one of the kindest, hospitable and beautiful persons I know. We went out to eat some yummy Italian food and then watched the American Idol finale. Lady Gaga scarred us all for life. Sorry about that Nanny! We love you.
- Mi Sombrero - While we were meeting Ellie Cate we went to eat dinner with her mom and dad. We always love when we get time with the Becker's! On this particular evening they took us out for one of the best Mexican dinners either one of us has ever had. We will have to return the favor and treat them next time we are in town.
- Fishing - Craig and Kyle went fishing in the lake on the hole my parents live on. They caught a cat fish, hooked a bass, and captured a turtle. Actually, they cut the line and let the turtle go. It was a big one and a snapper and you can't mess with them unless you want to loose a digit!
- Montgomery Family - Thursday and Friday we met up with the majority of the Montgomery family. Craig has a cousin from H-town that got married on Saturday. We all had such a great time together. It doesn't happen enough. Amy treated the girls to a manicure, the boys saw Tron, we all ate a lot, the kids (and Ashlyn) swam, went to the wedding, visited the extended family, etc, etc, etc. It was a sweet time.
- Watching the groom wait for his bride - Who doesn't love the moment when the groom gets his first look at the bride coming down the isle to meet him? It was a beautiful moment. Ashley was a beautiful bride. The reception was quite the celebration.
- Reynolds Family - I loved seeing my parent's new house, sleeping under their roof, eating in my mom's kitchen, laughing with all of them, spending time with my sister-in-law that I grow to love more everytime we are together, etc, etc, etc.
I didn't want to leave. I could have stayed another week without missing Colorado at all. I love Texas. I love my family. I love vacation.